Notes for Printing Double Sided A4 Sheets Manually, on a "non-Duplexing" Printer
If you want to print out from a computer, then follow these steps (if you do not know that your printer can handle "Duplex" double sided printing automatically duplexing printer can automatically double side your paper for you).
Print these instructions out if they will help you.
- Take all the paper out of your printer leaving only one sheet.
- Tell Acrobat Reader to print the booklet.
- When the first page has printed and dried, manually put it back into the printer to print the next page (second side).
When putting the pages back through for the printing of the other side, make sure that the "heads" — tops of the pages will be the same for both sides. So that if you tumble the page sideways when printed, it will read upright, and one side of the page will NOT be upside down.
You may need to experiment to find out how your printer wants the paper put back in for the second side to be printed. If you have a printer manual look it up, it is sometimes installed onto your computer if it didn't come in the box.
- When ready to print each side, you may need to get your printer to 'Resume', as each time it runs out of paper it will anticipate that an error has happened.
- As each piece of A4 paper is printed both sides, place them down on a clean surface on top of each other in a pile. Put them down the same way up as the second side came out of the printer.
- Repeat the process with a new sheet of paper and keep doing it until the print job is done.
- After placing the last sheet on the pile, you should be looking at the middle of the booklet. Fold this in half sideways to make an A5 (148mm wide by 210mm tall) booklet. Then put staples through the middle fold.
If you are not sure, then consider burning the file to a Cdrom and taking it to a photocopy shop but get a quote on the job price first!